Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blog Stalking

I'm trying not to spend too much time daily hooked up to this IV line, but today, I blogstalked.

I perused a site without purpose. This person was a total stranger, with no affinity to me, no club in common, no kid in common, no agenda or cause in common. Just a complete stranger who happened to surf to the top on a google search for a product.

From this glimpse of her life, I found myself enjoying her writing, her joy in life with her baby and freakily, I found commonality... I also recognized someone in one of her photos as my first cousin once removed and now, now, I remember, I know her. From my past, from one of my distant moves, I remember. The rush of memories will give me happy thoughts all day.

That's what's nice about blogstalk.

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

LOL! Aren't you related to everyone anyway?

valgae said...

no way!! you are too funny!! that is hilarious....its truly a small world!!

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...