Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween 2008




"Thank the Lord that yours are not Normal"

That's the sign that I have pasted by post-in on the mirror in my bathroom. I was reminded the other night when I was bemoaning my life and the burden of childrearing to my daughter. She emphasized this truth.

"Mom, what would a typical 16 year old be doing right now? If he were a "good" and relatively easy specimen, he would be roaring by in his car, and talking on the telephone to what's-her-name and planning the next big social shindig this weekend, and heaven help you if he were a "normal one!"

"Your son is in his room frantically working on his Eagle project so you will make him his Legend of Zelda costume by Halloween." "You go right now and just praise the Lord that none of your children thus far have been anywhere near normal."

And she's right, normal would be a lot harder.

And as a side note, when one prays, mini-miracles do happen. No pattern, no fitting, no muss, no fuss, one hour and voila, we have Link, from his boots to his hood. I'm blessed all the way around.

5 comments:

Jenna Jean said...

The costume looks fantastic, great job!

Jules said...

Congrats on being in the club of not having "normal" teens. I have 2 future teens to get through before I can relax. :)

What a great costume! I would love to see pics or read how you made it.

Lisa Chin said...

Your fabulous skills come forth once again! Good job on those abnormal kids, they're wonderful, especially when they are the ones teaching you.

valgae said...

you are truely skilled gf!! love it!! i will be posting soon about our "over the freaking top" ward activity soon.(i'm letting my fingers get a little less catty first!!)

Sabeys said...

hahaaa! look at his TIGHTS!
...
bwaaaahhaaa!!!
he looks... grood.

--dia

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...