Monday, October 20, 2008

Roofies




Men working on the house is very tranqualizing. I'm happily serene that it's not me 50 feet up on a 45 degree slope, and grateful as they climb the ladder with heavy loads that my quads aren't directly involved.

But sometimes I wonder if it's more calming to do the work, rather than think about it. Irony is having the roof shingled with 50 year rated asphalts, when you know Oklahoma weather will toast them in 10. If they aren't busted up by hail or torn off by a tornado, then I'm sure the heat or varmits will do them in. From what I hear, I should feel lucky that my thirty-year shakes lasted ten.

I guess I should be figuring this into the insurance bill. Let's see twenty grand divided by...Yuck! Math--more thinking!

I'm not pitying the insurance company, they upped the car insurance $800 because my teen had a (not her fault) wreck that totaled the car. Silly me, thought I was paying insurance for such an event! They do have a responsiblity to their stockholders...after all.

As a mere customer, we should just plan for those eventualities--good planning means good insurance, I'm reminded.

And it's okay that the roofers smashed a solartube, because they assure me that it's covered by insurance.

Wonder how much that's gonna cost?

And this is what results when the yearning wins and Dave watches the men on the roof too long. Our own ladder, our own death-defying stunts. Spare me!

2 comments:

Jules said...

High places and quad exercise.. not for me. :)

When did D get in the accident? They should have a rule that who ever is at fault is the only insurance that goes up.

Tiff was never interested in getting her license, so she is at college with a driver's permit in her wallet. The reason she has that is only because of our persistence. Dason on the other hand begged for his driving to begin at day one.

valgae said...

yes i have always thought that insurance was such a racket!! I will hop off my soap box now because that one gets me every time!! Speaking of quads Jazzercise is killing me.....are you sure Dr Oz that its entirely necessary?? hehehehe...

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...