Saturday, September 12, 2009

Poisoned Potatoes Ruin my Day, One More Way

Poison in my potatoes? There I was, fist deep in my bag of Lays, in mid chomp and suddenly, shockingly, a rumor surfed by my internet stream.

Acrylamide, a cancer causing agent is 500 times stronger in potato chips and french fries? The United Nations FAO and WHO (World Health Org.) have issued warnings since 2002 about acrylamide in foods that are cooked at extreme heats, especially potatoes, and finally the FDA are issuing their report in October.

The studies from America will then be official and if my favorite chips and fries so show 500 times more acrylamide (the cancer chemical) you can bet that I'll have to add it to my big long list of NO's for me and my kids.

Picture me gobbling fries and chips 24/7 this month, just in case.

...and I was hoping that LA's attorney general's suit was just California freaking out again.
Sounds like we should all be a little freaked.

http://www.acrylamide.org

No comments:

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...