Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Piqued over a Pencil

This is not intended as an April Fools joke; it is not a magicians trick. Some innovative pea brain has exceeded simple and basic design and in their inventiveness, have created what military personnel in their most polite moments call a (foul word meaning upgraded until it exceeds practicality).

That means someone took something that worked perfectly well and improved it beyond practicality and useability. That person should be treated as if, indeed they were in the military and summarily shot.
For the record, the pencil cannot be improved upon for any cocamamie nor assinine purpose.

Don't.
Just don't, as there are some of us who treat pencils that appear to be pencils as if they were indeed, pencils and we sharpen them!

Now that I've sharpened it and rendered it useless, and ruined a perfectly good pencil sharpener, I take the time to get out my magnifier and discover the truth about this tool. It looks like a pencil, it feels like a pencil, and obviously someone else discovered that it tastes like a pencil.
But it is not a pencil.
And in hearty response to my son who says, "Well, Mom, it does say right on it..." I respond... " I AM NOT IN THE HABIT OF READING MY PENCILS! ! !" Perhaps on the side it should state: THIS IS NOT A PENCIL!

Note that it's even encased in wood so that it would have the same nibbleability.

Perhaps it's purpose is camouflage for the military... for when they need a writing tool, but really can't run the risk of being caught with a pen on them. That's it! It's an invention for top secret use! It's in disguise.

That also explains its total and complete lack of viable useability.

3 comments:

valgae said...

now thats funny, crap do i have to start reading my pencils now too.

Sabeys said...

if you're USING a pencil, mom, sorry, but they assume you're literate.
DANG. Hey, I guess if you were using it to pick your nose... it works, sharpened or not!
--Dia, your cynical offspring

Terina Dee said...

Hay! Just because I ruined your pencil thingy doesn't mean you can sling nasties! Be nice or I'll delete your comment!

My apologies to others who wrote such witty remarks,
I didn't delete your comments, but somehow, when I went to approve their posting, I pushed the wrong button. And there is no way to fix that!

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...