Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mad about Gas!

I'm so mad! My tank is empty and I have to get gas.

And in spite of the (almost) two dollar a gallon price decrease, I am stuck in the same predicament that I was one month ago, gasless and dreading the fill-up.

Gas prices have me conflicted again. In spite of the high price, I was torn between the good that a high price would have on the environment, making people aware and working toward better, more efficient modes of transport, but now that they are so low, again I am twisted.

My problem should be the lack of consumer concern when prices are good. But it isn't.

I dread getting gas because just as soon as I do, the price will drop another nickel and there I'll be with a full tank, frustrated again, knowing that always and forever--no matter the price,

I will always have paid too much for gas.

3 comments:

Jules said...

After spending time in CA this summer with $4.60 average, I don't mind if I fill early and miss the drop by a few cents. It's under $3.. Yay!

ps That's just one reason I'm grateful we don't live there. :)

Kali said...

LOVE IT! I think about that all the time!
It seems when the price is going up you keep your tank full just in case the price jumps ten cents in one day. When the price is going down you practically drive on empty for hope it will drop even more by the next day! :)
You word it SO much cooler though! How I envy that! :)

Lisa Chin said...

Isn't it the truth! I paid $2.60 a gallon when I filled up last week and thought that was fantastic. Now it's down to $2.38 plus I have a 15 cents off a gallon coupon at Smiths so I could fill up for $2.24 a gallon!! But if I fill up now when I still have a good quarter tank of gas the price will drop to $2.15 in the next few days and I could have filled up for $2! What a predicament!!!! Maybe I'll walk a few more days and make the tank last until it's under two dollars? Nah, I'm just dreaming.

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...