Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Santa Skeptic

No, No, No,

I will not, will not,
Sam I am,
Not in a train,
not on a truck
Believe in Santa?
You're out of luck!

Well, okay once,
I'll stop the pout.
If he brings a wwii
I'll again not doubt!

This madcap, insane
retail scramble,
Is Santa's work!
His fault, I'll gamble.

If I weren't crazily
running 'round
spending wildly,
credit bound,

I'd have some time
to try to find
the spirit sought
for peace of mind.

But, without a reason
to buy a gift,
could I, would I
even think of it?

Or would each day
continue past
just like my own
self centered last.

I need more than a
fat old elf
to remind me daily
to give of self.

It's deeper then,
I'll become more mild.
I give more charitably
by remembering the child.

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Very nice!

Jules said...

You said it perfectly! Thanks Sam I am. :)

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...