Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day Three is Better


DEAD SOLDIERS

In the last three days, there are only two things that wake the toothless. Drugs--I've dutifully supplied the dosages in the correct increments and on a strict schedule, but when I took an hour break to volunteer at the town library, they ditched me!!!

It seems the only other thing that can drag them from their sick bed is cousins swarming in to capture them for Harry Potter.

I hear it's a three hour movie. Oh well. See if watching Dumbledoor die unmedicated is as miserable as I imagine!

They come home more jazzed than on any strong narcotic and unable to stop talking. They rehearse the movie verbatim and crash only after debating each and every scene ad infinitum.

Really, they are doing so well. The sister's advice worked, 1000 Vit. C for a week, no hot, no cold, no dairy to eat for 24 hours and lots and lots of icepacks. Second day, soft solids only. It's the third morning after and they are fine but for swelling.

Ian is saying Pizza tonight.

We'll see.

1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

Do you have a gf pizza crust recipe? That would be a great recipe for me to make for a gf friend here that just had her baby a month early. Baby is in ICU but doing okay. He's about 5lbs and starting to eat on his own. Wahoo.

Glad your babies are doing better. Too bad I didn't have your sisters advice when B had her teeth out. Guess I'll have to ask for a refresher course when it comes time for the twins to have theirs removed!

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...