Thursday, July 16, 2009

Venue Change

Remember my mantra? "Vacations are only a change of venue." I was asked by the bro-in-law why I work so hard. "If I was on vacation, I would be watching movies, eating out and enjoying myself." he says.

Me too. When I go on vacation, that's what I'm going to do--someday, but I don't know anybody but Paris, who can afford a two month vacation, so I work.

And to stay upbeat amid the flooded basement, perpetual water hammer, splitting wood, mowing lawn, sanding paint, cleaning, moving furniture, baking, washing, I remind myself, this is not a vacation, this is merely a breath of fresh air in the form of a delightful change of venue.

Which is why I'm painting again today.

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

I don't know that painting ever gives anyone a "breath of fresh air" with the yucky smell of the paint - however the fresh look is another matter! I wish I had your energy!

Kali said...

It's always a vacation in UTAH! no matter what you're doing! :)

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...