Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How about a math problem?
Engineers take 3 minutes to resolve this, architects 3 hours and doctors 6 hours.

What is the next number 1, 2, 6, 42, 1806, _____?

Hum, I wonder... 1 plus next numeral... no, "Finish your breakfast and get the dishwasher emptied!"

One times... no. two divided by... no. Doctors take longer... so it's not appendages or blood types, engineers... bike spokes, gears, tools, pi, friction, physics, psycho! "Hey, keep practicing... I'm not hearing anything... Sorry, Piano isn't something you can mime!"

1806, some famous date? No, history majors weren't even mentioned... Hum, forty two, age, over the hill, wrinkle cream... gotta remember to order that... and more sorghum, can't believe I'm out of flour again. "Are you wasting time? Hey, pull yourself together it's eight o'clock."

Six... six... six. Um, signs of Satan, this puzzle? Hm, backwards, 608123621, telephone number? Oh, gotta remember to call and cancel that dr. appointment, and class tomorrow, wonder what kind of theme I should do for cards? Maybe Got your number? Call me sometime? Keep in touch. "Lunch, fix it and get yourself out the door!"

"Socks and shoes, teeth and hair! No, I didn't even for a minute mean use toothpaste as hair gel! Hurry Up!" So help me if you miss your bus and I have to miss my walk to take you to school..."

Gotta run. I give up. I'm gonna take my failure as confirmation that I must be a writing Mom.

4 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

I knew you'd get a kick out of that!

Jamie said...

Wait, what is the answer?

Jules said...

I was on the right track, but still had to google it. I'm definitely not cut out to be an engineer, doctor, or architect. :)

Terina Dee said...

IAN GOT IT IN TWO MINUTES!!!!! YIKES

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...