Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It is POP time. Person of Purpose and the children were to research and report on a significant contributor in History. The children would then act as that character in a wax museum and give a life history to children and parents.
Amidst Cleopatra's glitter, Earhardt's aviator cap and goggles, Einstein's hair wig, Antoinette's renaissance dress, Princess Di's authentic wedding gown and Shirley Temple's bob, there was Aidan. He was the boring one in the suit and tie. I told him to feel free to pick whomever he wished, as long as that person could wear a suit. His teacher gave him Henry Ford... an inventor... right down Aidan's path of interest.

He did a great job and so did his mother, who on her third child, cannot imagine expending the braincells and energy necessary to sew an authentic coat, wig and tricornered hat for Washington. That poor woman must have sacrificed a pair of her best black pumps to a stapled on buckle. Now that, that is a Mom!

1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

I'm there with you! I get annoyed when the notes come home for singing programs - "Haven't I already heard these songs before?" All the programs seems to run together. I'm such a terrible mother.

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...