Friday, February 20, 2009

Before, and not yet After

Life is full of regrets for the things you wish you had done. So I'm starting--all the things I wish were done. BECAUSE I am a starter... This post is a list of my project plans before and after.

Some of the projects have beginning picts, but most of them are interim shots. This is due to the fact that starting something kind of sneaks up on me. I can be innocuously cleaning or straightening something, and that something might start (tenouosly, like the wallpaper flaps up) and then suddenly, I am fully immersed and the door is off, the wallboard is ripped out and somebody is standing in the middle of something fully and completely started!


So here are some before and some middles and unfortunately, we must just wait... just wait to see the afters...

back yard - semi done - it was worse before.
pantries
The pantry is shielded because the husband says, "You are trying to convince us that there is no food in there... none at all," and because the popcorn ceiling is coming down.

Front balisters a project started at least a year ago. Soon, so soon!
new backyard french door

The front door is aching to start.

And hair color - an ongoing start and ever and always a disastrous finish. I've had teenagers again tell me that "purple is so awesome."

And so here I am! Starting and patiently waiting.

Sometimes for years-as I'm a slow finisher.

5 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

So glad I am not alone!

Jenna Jean said...

I am so a starter also and Jason is a stopper, so we've got issues! This weekend we started staining our basement floor and so far it is a little scary, we will see!

Sabeys said...

awww, thanks for putting this up! it makes me happy to see.

Sabeys said...

ha, the only reason the front door ISN'T started is because it's the front door... tee hee!

Anonymous said...

Trina - My daughter Stacey is coming to visit me March 30 and on Friday April 3 we were wondering if you were having a BONUS card class that we could attend. I am off work and we both have such fun memories of the last time we came to card class. (In case you didn't realize it - this is a hint!)

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...