Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reason Not Intent

I've reached a brilliant epiphany today. And here it is.

"One's intent, or lack thereof, should never diminish the outcome."

I mopped today! I should get major kudos for mopping today. In spite of the fact that I was forced to mop today, still, it should count.

The floor is beautiful and the cupboards and the walls, and the front of the appliances. And I am happy.

Now.

But when my body inadvertently channelled Jackson Pollock, (totally of its own volition) and used the entire kitchen as a blank canvas to splash a gigantic figure eight using an entire can of liquid beef bouillon (which should have been a solid), I was not happy.

So, in life, however dubious the beginning, an auspicious ending should totally count.

2 comments:

Jules said...

It counts!!! I must say after my dog rolling in a surprise for me last week I know that the Bouillon is better than many other possibilities never intended.

Lisa Chin said...

It definately counts! Anytime you clean - whatever the reason - the outcome is ALL that counts! Pat yourself on the back and go do something fun!

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...