Friday, June 27, 2008

I AM

I'm not what I think I am.

I'm not what you think I am.

I am what I think, you think, I am.

And that is wrong.

Yikes!

I've now leaped back from the crevasse (where I nearly stepped off into intellectualism,) and I'm back to the familiar, stable, comfort of being wrong. Whew.

Twice yesterday I was reminded that acting based on what we assume other's are thinking is a fools errand. Yet, I still do it.

And although I hate quoting the nastiest person on the planet, my old boss, who was a conniving, cheating, grifter of the highest proportions, he did make one true statement (although, I'm sure he stole it from someone else) in all the years I prostituted myself and worked for him. (maybe I'm still working through those shame issues, ya think?) Here it is...

"Assuming only makes an ASS U & ME."

Okay, it wasn't that profound, but he was a grifter, and what you do expect when all of his brain cells were being used up cheating people. (issues...)

Today, I am going to do what I need to do to allow me happy. I am going to stop living my life based on what I think others think, or once thought of me.

I DO NOT HAVE ESP and my thoughts have BEEN PROVED WRONG repeatedly in the past.

I've come to the conclusion that it's just better for everyone if I don't bother to think.

That works.

On with our day, Talleyho!

No comments:

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...