Thursday, October 8, 2009

Today for NieNie

I first stalked NieNie on her blog a couple years ago, when I was referred by a friend who loved reading her peaceful, calm, reassuring essays about motherhood. When she got in the airplane accident, I then stalked her to make sure that she would be okay. But what I really was doing wasn't checking to see if she would be okay, but how I would be in her circumstance.

I can only hope that I would be as okay as she is. Some people are so inspiring. Sorry I missed her on Oprah yesterday, but truthfully, I'm frantic at 4 with the aftermath of children and school and snoring asleep when the piece reran at 11.

3 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Her story has been all over the news here. I've never been to her blog and hate going there now that "everyone is doing it." She looks like she is an amazing woman.

Jennilyn said...

Is lurking without commenting blog "stalking"? I should introduce myself, then!

JaneB is my mom in SLC. I check out her blog links every once in awhile and I have loved reading your thoughts. I love your questions, and your principles shine through.

I think there is power in honest blogging. Thank you for the edifying you have given me.

And to summarize Stephanie's Oprah visit: sweet. Her voice was different than I thought it would be. It was fun seeing her with her husband. But what impressed me the most was the viewer who went to visit the Nielsen's home and felt the "energy" there, the peace, the love, the warmth [the Spirit!]. Made me want to remember and strive for that in our home every day.

AND to LisaC: it's NOT too late to go and read NieNie--like a book, going through the archives. Just to know and see. Consider it cultural education-becoming literate in blog history. If you lived outside of the great state of Utah and people knew you were a member and that you blogged, they would ask you about her and what you think of her. This is not blog bandwagon-ing, it's being prepared as a missionary, I think! Smiles and hugs!

Jennilyn said...

And I am NOT up at 3:45 am. Much later here--

A Worrisome Thump

           What is that noise?             I’m jarred awake by a noise in the dark. Down the hallway—a bump or a thump. My action thriller b...